Survive to 5

How would it feel if I told you that about 8 million children under the age of 5 die every year? How would it feel if I told you that 20,821 children under 5 die everyday? How would it feel if I told you that a child dies every 4 seconds? How would it feel if I told you that all of those things are true, because they are.

For the Week 4 Student Blogging Challenge, we are focusing on global issues. I chose an issue that effects young kids, globally. They are faced with a preventable challenge that puts their life on the line.

The first five years of a child’s life are the most deadly. More than 70% of child’s death occur within their first year of age. The “Survive to 5 Challenge” is a way to give every child the chance for survival, all you have to do is donate, donate to save a child’s life at Survive to 5. How would you feel if your life was on the line, and had no help?

Credits:

Survive to 5

Student Blogging Challenge, Week 4

2 thoughts on “Survive to 5

1. Wow, amazingly written! I love the hard facts that make you convinced to go to the site and help the kids. Keep on writing the way you do and you will be a star!

2. Hi Malia,
    Wow… I never thought that global issues could kill a kid, I mean, 1 kid every 4 seconds, that’s just horrible. and 8 MILLION kids every year!? All under 5!? In my opinion, EVERYBODY shhould be donating to survive to 5. I think you wrote a great post about something VERY important. Do you think there’s anything else we can do?
    *Fariha